TEPHRA LAW employs a collaborative approach to solving your legal problems whenever possible. Legal services are provided for businesses and individuals, with a focus on transactional real estate law, contract law, and business law.
TEPHRA LAW has been engaged to provide legal services in real estate and business matters, big and small, but the focus is always you and your goals.
Nicole M. Potebnya – Managing Attorney
Nicole has lived and worked in Olympia for the past two-plus decades, giving her a unique and comprehensive understanding of the business and real estate fields in the region.
Before opening TEPHRA LAW, PLLC, Nicole was in private practice as a partner with a local real estate, land use and environmental law firm. Prior to that, she spent seven years as In-House Counsel and Managing Real Estate Broker for The Rants Group, a Thurston County commercial real estate and development firm. There, Nicole managed a robust real estate portfolio and advised employees and ownership on business, commercial, and residential real estate matters.
Nicole began her legal career as an Assistant Attorney General with the Washington State Attorney General’s Office, representing the Department of Retirement Systems and acting as Lead Counsel for the State Department of Printing and the Employee Retirement Benefits Board.
- 2014 – University of Washington, Milgard School of Business – Essentials of Management Program (EMP)
- 2005 – Seattle University School of Law – Juris Doctor – Cum Laude
- 2001 – The Evergreen State College – Bachelor of Arts, Psychology Emphasis
IN THE COMMUNITY
- Thurston County Volunteer Legal Services | Board of Directors 2016 to present
- Native American Law Student Association | Founding Member, Seattle University School of Law
IN THE PROFESSION
- Commercial Brokers Association (CBA)
- Washington State Managing Real Estate Broker | Inactive License
- Thurston County Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- Washington Women Lawyers
- American Bar Association
AT THE BAR
- Admitted to practice in Washington State